Monday, April 27, 2009

Commercial Presence On Social Network Sites


I am now totally beyond the 'constantly amazed' response when I read of 'failures' of commercial and known brand ventures in SecondLife.


I do not dispute that there are many sims developed by and for 'real life' organisations that are empty of all but the metaphorical tumbleweed. Neither do I dispute that many of these grid-based ghost towns give the impression of having been developed by an enthusiatic corporate employee with little ongoing organisational support to develop and maintain the project.

What I do dispute is the reasons for 'failure' of these ventures.

Social Networking Sites do not include the word social as an afterthought in the description.

*pauses for the gasps of surprise*

Think about that...........


No comments:

Post a Comment